My AL Navigator extension for Visual Studio Code enables you to automatically create variables in AL and navigate through .al files with awesome shortcuts.
AL Navigator – Create Variables
AL Navigator provides a CodeAction for the AL compiler error 118 “The name does not exist in the current context“. This CodeAction enables you to automatically create a local or global variable by using the names of standard objects as well as names of your local workspace files. The extension will automatically detect the object type and name and create a variable for it. If no object type and name can be found however, the variable will be created without a type. In other words, it is smart!
Use the Quick Fix lamp (Ctrl + .) to automatically add variables.
Finally, here you can see an example:
AL Navigator – Shortcuts
I love to use shortcuts. Whenever possible, I would prefer them over the mouse. Thus, this extension comes with a few very useful shortcuts, from which the most useful ones in my opinion are these:
- AL Navigator: Next DataItem: Jumps to the next data item in your report .al file
- AL Navigator: Last local var line: Jumps to the last line of your local var section (a nice addition to the AL Variable Helper by Rasmus Aaen)
- AL Navigator: Last global var line: Jumps to the last line of your global var section (a nice addition to the AL Variable Helper as well)
Here is an overview of the complete shortcut list:
- Ctrl + o + m: jump to the OnModifyTrigger
- Ctrl + o + i: jump to the OnInsertTrigger
- Ctrl + o + d: jump to the OnDeleteTrigger
- Ctrl + Alt + l: jump to last line of local var section (fast way to declare new variables)
- Ctrl + Alt + g: jump to the last line of global var section (fast way to declare new variables)
- Ctrl + Alt + k: jump to the keys section in your .al file
- Ctrl + Alt + a: jump to next action in a page .al file
- Ctrl + Alt + t: jump through all triggers in your .al file
- Ctrl + Alt + d: jump through data items in your .al report file
- Ctrl + Alt + j: jump through OnAfterGetRecord triggers in your .al file
AL Navigator – Create Procedure Stub
A few months ago, I added a feature to automatically create procedure stubs. You can read more information about it here. Last week I removed this feature, after it was better implemented in the extension AL CodeActions.
AL Navigator – Download
Have a nice week!